Senior Frontend Software Engineer III
Senior Frontend Software Engineer III
We're seeking a Senior Frontend Software Engineer based in Fayetteville, AR. This Software Engineer will help determine the direction for solution methodology and delivery. They will provide oversight, regular assistance, and will directly manage developers. This position will have the opportunity to work on both current and new features to be deployed to a growing user base of hundreds of thousands.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable ramping up quickly in order to create and maintain workflows that deliver value to our platform users. The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for creating clean, scalable, standards-compliant, reusable, and quality code. In addition, they will contribute to the continuous growth and learning of the software development team and will manage a team of 3 front end engineers. Hiring the right person for this role is important to our team because they will be an integral part of the creation and continuous improvement of our products. As at any growing company, you can expect many other tasks and responsibilities to be assigned as well as growth opportunities to be seized.
- Participate in the overall application lifecycle
- Manage 2-3 less tenured engineers
- Collaborate with backend developers and UX/UI team members
- Provide documentation and training to support other team members
- Troubleshoot and debug
- Learn about new technologies which may be scalable to our applications development organization as a whole
- Create and maintain compliant frontend codebase
- Help define and communicate technical and design requirements
- Ensure front end projects are implemented in a scalable and responsible manor
- Provide innovative solutions to business problems
- 4+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years experience with Typescript
- 2+ years of experience using code versioning tools like Git
- In-depth understanding of API specifications
- In-depth understanding of the fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Ability to write clean, scalable, standards-compliant, reusable, quality code
- Comfort working in an Agile environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Transparency and openness to feedback
- Previous management experience
- Experience developing web and/or mobile mapping applications, Mapbox API preferred
- Familiarity with geospatial data standards such as geoJSON or WKT
- Experience with Next.js
- Experience working in Swagger
- Experience with Django
- Experience with Linux Networking, Kubernetes, Postgres
- Automated testing and code experience
- Startup Experience
- Experience in the GIS industry
AcreTrader launched in 2018 and has established itself as a leader in the farmland investment industry. Our team and company have grown at an incredible pace, and to continue this growth, we must do so intentionally. We have very high expectations for ourselves, each other, and every new team member. We’re looking for high performers who go about their work with a sense of curiosity and a drive to make things better. If you would like to be a part of a fast-moving operation with an opportunity to make a massive impact at the intersection of finance, technology, and agriculture—then please, get in touch.
Acres aims to be the most comprehensive, accurate, and useful mapping tool for agriculture. There are over 50 million farmland owners in the world that require a better service to explore their land. That includes using satellite imagery to discover how land has evolved, pricing land at market values through valuation algorithms, and exploring many layers of underlying agronomic information. Our team solves complex computer science problems, designs beautiful and intuitive product experiences, and improves the accuracy of our data to set the industry standard for mapping. We support a desktop and mobile application, both of which which serve our growing customer base.
AcreTrader is a real estate investing platform that makes it easy to buy shares of farmland and earn passive income. United States farmland has historically outperformed most asset classes and other forms of real estate. Unfortunately, buying and maintaining farmland directly is extremely difficult without local knowledge and management, as well as large investment commitments. AcreTrader solves these issues by providing transparency, flexibility, and ease of use to people wanting to invest in farmland while handling all aspects of administration and property management, from insurance and accounting to working with local farmers and improving soil sustainability. At the same time, AcreTrader works to help farmers scale through innovative sales and leasing opportunities. See our How it Works page for more details.