Senior Engineering Manager - Custody
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. Founded in 2013, BitGo pioneered the multi-signature wallet and is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, the leading global stablecoin for Bitcoin. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 600 coins and tokens. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 1500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many regulated entities and the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager, who will lead our Blockchain Integration India division to scale the number of assets/blockchains that BitGo supports. Hands-on coding might be required in order to get a good knowledge of both BitGo and blockchain components. In the long run the Engineering Manager is expected to be closely involved technically in the work of the team.
- Be accountable for growing BitGo’s core competency of supporting new digital assets.
- Collaborate with Product, Trust, Compliance, and other key stakeholders to set the product and technical vision and roadmap for coin integration and to successfully execute against the same.
- Actively foster an engineering-wide culture that embodies our values of open communication, collaboration, accountability, craftsmanship, and a client first approach.
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- 8+ years of professional experience in software engineering, 3+ years in a managerial role.
- Experience in crypto, professional or personal, or an interest in the same.
- Experience successfully onboarding onto a new organization as a manager.
- Track record of sourcing and hiring top engineering talent, including managerial talent.
- Proven success leading engineering-wide initiatives.
- Demonstrated history of collaborating with product to come up with a product roadmap.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, particularly working with business stakeholders.
- Engineering degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of open communication, collaboration, accountability, craftsmanship, and a client first approach. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive salary
- Meal & Commute allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Hybrid working model
- IT equipment support for work
- Great/Talented workforce to learn and grow with
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed finance.