Senior Platform Engineer, Velocity
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. Founded in 2013, BitGo pioneered the multi-signature wallet and is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market-leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, the leading global stablecoin for Bitcoin. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions and supports over 600 coins and tokens. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 1500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many regulated entities and the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for a Software Engineer who will join our team in India
We are the Velocity team, and we are champions for software engineering teams at BitGo. Our mission is to empower them to easily create applications, services, and libraries. We help them focus on innovation by reducing the complexity of building and operating software. We shepherd and evolve the development experience at BitGo.
Developer experience runs in our DNA and influences every facet of our work. Our team provides a Node.js platform that enables engineers to easily develop and deploy code that meets BitGo’s availability, observability, and reliability needs.
Our technologies are used by hundreds of engineers. We believe in delivering developer happiness throughout the software development experience. We define our success by our ability to accelerate productivity across BitGo engineering.
This role is focused on elevating the developer experience for our engineering teams using Node.js, and for the teams starting to use Kotlin. The surface area is broad and includes library and framework development, development tooling, production diagnostics and debugging, operations, and developer engagement and developer support.
The team anchors on the human-facing elements of technology. These elements are applied in our day-to-day work across the software development lifecycle. Code is a small slice of this team's impact.
Skills & Experience
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, client-first, collaboration and a high level of craftsmanship.
About this role
- Deeply understand how developers use Node.js and Kotlin at BitGo to create the optimal solutions and abstractions for their use cases, and to help drive and evolve recommended practices
- Collaborate with teams internally to shepherd and evolve the development experience at BitGo
- Provide and integrate the libraries, frameworks, and workflows that enable developers to build their software within the BitGo ecosystem
- Continuously improve operational excellence through a culture of learning and proactive investments in reliability and resiliency
- Define and improve the dependency management, packaging, and publishing story for Node.js
- Identify and address patterns in the application runtime that make it harder for developers to productively build and maintain their software
- Address complex architectural problems with simple, intuitive designs
Excelling In This Role
- You collaborate effectively with a variety of stakeholder groups: engineering, product, and technical writing
- You build and maintain strong relationships across stakeholder groups
- You create clarity and drive alignment across stakeholder groups on technical and non-technical initiatives
- You are a curious and proactive learner that seeks to minimize assumptions and seeks to deeply understand before writing code or taking action
- You thrive in an ambiguous environment and can self-manage and self-prioritize your time, energy, and resources
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive salary
- Meal & Commute allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Hybrid working model
- IT equipment support for work
- Great/Talented workforce to learn and grow with
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you'll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.