Trading Operations Specialist (night shift)
Who we are
We simplify wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, we’re here to help people trust themselves enough to build their financial freedom — for now and the future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks*, precious metals and commodities* they want — with any sized budget, 24/7. Our global team works across different cultures and time zones, bringing our products to more than 4 million customers, making us one of Europe’s safest and most secure platforms that powers modern investing.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. It’s these diverse perspectives and innovative minds operating as ONE TEAM that keep Bitpanda at the cutting edge of our industry. So if you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a Trading Operations Specialist at Bitpanda, your mission is to ensure a secure and smooth trading experience. You are well-versed in the principles of financial instruments and trading systems and also possess a very strong, problem-solving-oriented mindset.
What you’ll do
- Deep-dive into and quick understanding of our financial products, trading and hedging systems
- Handle market alerts and execute OTC trades & blockchain transactions on behalf of Bitpanda
- Perform daily settlement and reconciliation of trades and process & monitor corporate actions
- Monitor hedging and trading activity and maintain the relevant risk parameter settings; you will be the first line of defence for the sanity of our trading and hedging operations
- Proactively document and improve processes & recommend system developments
Who you are
- Experience in trading operations or a similar area (trader certificate is a plus); you should have a great understanding of and/or interest in financial markets, particularly equities or cryptocurrencies/blockchain
- Ability to identify problems and solve them quickly or escalate them as necessary
- Strong data analysis skills (MS Excel in particular and SQL or working with databases is a plus; experience with Bloomberg, Refinitiv (Reuters) or FactSet is welcome)
- Great team player with strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and communication skills (English is a must), thriving in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to work in shifts to ensure operational continuity in a 24/7 business (shift pattern for this role is Tuesday to Saturday, midnight until 7am)
What’s in it for you
- Hybrid-working model with 60-Work From Anywhere days
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading benefits programs and policies shaped by our flexibility-first philosophy
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
And, above all, the opportunity to learn and grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.