Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with Consensys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. Consensys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About the team
Linea is a layer 2 zk-rollupfor Ethereum implemented at Consensys. We are looking for a Security Lead to join our team. As a Security Lead, you will be the interlocutor to dapps and people running nodes, developers (internal & external), and operations. You will be responsible for ensuring the security and trustworthiness of our network.
- Act as the primary point of contact for security-related issues for dapps and people running nodes, developers, and internal network deployment
- Develop and implement security policies and procedures to ensure the security and trustworthiness of our network
- Conduct security audits and risk assessments to identify vulnerabilities and recommend solutions
- Work with developers to ensure that security is integrated into the development process
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security threats and trends and recommend appropriate measures to mitigate them
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure that security is integrated into all aspects of our network
- Strong knowledge of Ethereum, and software and smart contract security
- Strong knowledge of security best practices and standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
It is a requirement of employment in this position that applicants will be required to submit to background checks including but not limited to employment, education and criminal record checks. Further details will be provided to applicants that successfully meet the criteria for the position as determined by the company in its sole discretion. By submitting an application for employment, you are acknowledging and consenting to this requirement.
Consensys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consensys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills.