Full Stack & Security Engineer - Onsite Bengaluru, India
Degreed India Engineering is looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer who is excited about designing and implementing scalable solutions to join our team. In this position you will work collaboratively with all the engineers to implement reliable, robust and scalable solutions. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best solution based on business requirements, timelines, and other resource constraints. We value individuals who are lifelong learners and passionate about taking new challenges with a continuous improvement mindset.
This role will be based onsite in Bengaluru, India. After an in-office onboarding period, incumbents are expected to be available in office for a few days per week as part of hybrid work model. Candidates will also be required to travel internationally 1-2 times annually for full company gatherings.
Day in the Life
- Deliver end-to-end implementation of new user-facing features and/or enhancements to existing features
- Participate in troubleshooting production issues and work with the team to continuously evaluate and improve the quality, reliability, and scalability of our Degreed products
- Craft Angular components and services with an eye for modularity
- Conduct research, build proof-of-concepts, and participate in architecture/design discussions
- Lead, motivate, and inspire your fellow engineering teams to drive toward the SecOps vision
- Triage security issues found and allocate to the right functions to address them
- Collaborate with peers to creatively solve problems and drive department-wide objectives
- Work closely with the InfoSec team to support internal and external security audits, penetration testing and certification processes
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are
There are only a handful of folks who meet all qualifications. We care more about hiring engineers that have a track record of shipping impactful, quality software than checking all the boxes. So, whether you meet all the qualifications or a partial set, we want to hear from you.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- 4+ years of software development experience with C#/.NET
- At least 3 years Angular experience required - latest version preferred but not required
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with cloud platform such as MS Azure or AWS
- 1+ years of experience supporting security implementation in a cloud hosted environment in AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- You possess strong verbal and written communication, collaboration, and documentation skills
- Experienced working remotely
- Candidate must be based in Bengaluru, India.
What Sets You Apart
- Experience with Containers and Serverless architecture
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps and/or security (SecOps) across web, mobile, and API applications
- Strong knowledge and experience in designing and implementing security solutions in the cloud (MS Azure)
- Previous SecOps / Application Security experience at an enterprise SaaS (software-as-a-service) company
- You are a lifelong learner and passionate about learning new things and taking on new challenges
- Proficient in tools like sonarqube, Veracode, GitHub Advanced security or similar SAST, DAST and SCA tools.