Director, Business Development
Highline is an intelligent payment network offering a smarter way to pay and get paid.
We are dedicated to building the future of payments to offer Pay by Paycheck through Highline’s leading-edge payroll payment platform, brought to you by a seasoned leadership team with decades of experience in fintech, payments, lending and payroll-linked products.
Highline is a superior solution designed to deliver:
- Low-cost alternative payment method
- Seamless experience embedded into existing payment workflows
- Lightweight API for quick implementation and reliable connectivity
We are backed by Foundation Capital, Costanoa Ventures, and Jump Capital and are expanding the team smartly as we prepare for growth.
What you’ll be doing
As a Director, Business Development, you will be responsible for cultivating new business. More specifically, you'll be generating relationships with financial institutions and major billers that recognize innovation in the way they lend and accept payments from consumers. You will develop and deliver on your plan by identifying, cultivating, and building relationships with key stakeholders and driving to successful product launches.
You'll join a team experiencing hyper-growth over the past year. We are looking for someone who is forward-thinking and a self-starter to contribute to our fast-growing Company.
- Cultivate new business within a market segment
- Manage all aspects of the process while building and managing relationships with key stakeholders at prospective clients
- Work closely with the Partnerships, Marketing and Product teams to create, prospect, and execute
- Run complex deals and lead prospects through the acquisition process including business case development, due diligence and contract negotiations
- Build strong internal partnerships to create and deliver product demonstrations, compelling presentations, and proposals
- Develop a strong understanding of the Highline solution, the consumer lending space, and prospective clients’ objectives
- Partner closely with Product, Project Management, Engineering, and Marketing to create an awesome client experience
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of fintech enterprise level SaaS or payments business development experience
- Strong track record of closing long (3-12 months) and complex, high-value deals with specific expertise selling to fintech companies and financial institutions
- Experience selling lending and/or banking technology; consumer lending experience
- Strong ability to articulate contractual, technical, and financial value points to prospects, including executives
- Experience identifying C-suite decision makers and cultivating strong relationships
- Track record of negotiating, structuring, and executing complex agreements
- Prior experience leading cross-functional teams through large deal close processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-Starter; ability to work remotely and independently while meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Adaptable to change and working in a fast-growing environment
- Ability to travel nationally as needed, up to 25%-50%
- Join a global team on a mission to revolutionize how people pay bills and access credit
- Support the culture and journey of a high growth Company
- Have space, autonomy, and resources to do your best work
- Competitive compensation package
- All employees receive equity
- Flexible PTO (office closed 2 weeks in the year plus extra time off)
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- MacBook/PC laptop provided
- Budget for further education/training
- Parental leave policy in place
- Remote-first culture
- Backed by top-tier VCs Foundation Capital, Costanoa Ventures, and Jump Capital
Highline is a diverse and inclusive company committed to growing a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, or veteran status.
* No external recruitment agencies please.