Senior Software Engineer - Platform Services
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2022
About Indico Data
Historically companies have had to choose between speed or accuracy in their intake decisions. That’s a problem because the inability to quickly intake documents in any format and accurately make decisions, inhibits your growth and frustrates your customers.
Choose speed over accuracy and you risk making poor, inaccurate decisions which can increase your loss ratio and lead to noncompliance. Choose accuracy overspeed and you risk losing out to more nimble competitors, frustrating your customers and missing out on new business entirely – this is the intake dilemma.
With Indico Data, you no longer have to choose. Indico Data resolves these major intake issues for document-intensive industries by automating intake workflows for even the most unstructured document types, freeing experts from tedious, manual tasks, allowing them to deliver more business value.
With Indico Data, businesses can now:
- Automate the intake and processing of all documents
- Reduce the cycle time and cost of their intake process
- Increase customer satisfaction and profitability through better intake decisions
Indico is the intelligent intake solution automating critical middle office workflows across insurance, banking, real estate and healthcare driving better decisions with better data.
About the Position
As Senior Software Engineer on the Platform Services team, you’ll write the software that powers Indico Data’s Intelligent Process Automation product and keeps our services running smoothly. You’ll work closely with the product and R&D teams to effectively execute on our roadmap. You’ll write lots of Python and learn tons about machine learning as we work to make modern deep learning practical and accessible. We’re constantly building new features so you’ll have regular opportunities to work on greenfield projects.
You are a friendly and enthusiastic person whose dedication to easily maintainable code is rock solid. This is shown by your ability to think creatively about a problem while evaluating what solution will benefit Indico Data’s stack most in the long term rather than the short. You enjoy helping make software architecture decisions. You automate tasks that you notice are repetitive. You're invested in having a life outside of work that is bolstered by a fulfilling job, not dominated by it. You look out for others and it shows in your willingness to sit down and hear out whatever needs or feedback other team members have in order to foster constructive conversation about personal and professional growth. With all that in mind, most importantly you have fun with it!
- Maintain and add features to services such as our user facing graphql API, backend web services, and asynchronous task services to power the Indico Data Platform
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Communicate and collaborate with the engineering team and other Indico teams such as solution engineering and R&D.
- Capable of mentoring junior developers and onboarding new hires
- Able to create technical approach documents and specification that can be used to inform the product team and engineers on developing new features
- Fluent in Python3
- Recent experience with containers and container orchestration systems (Docker/K8S preferred)
- Understands the need for testing and does so regularly while prioritizing clean, maintainable code
- Relational database experience
- Experience working in an event-based asynchronous service (e.g. asyncio, nodejs, netty…)
- Experience in technical design and documentation
- Experience with document databases
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure
- An interest in Machine Learning
- Likes to Laugh and enjoys Puns
- Familiarity with any of the following: Redis, PostgreSQL, GraphQL
- Expertise in load balancing, network security, or fault-tolerant systems
- Comfortable with asynchronous service patterns (i.e. tasks, queues, futures)
Indico is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
The use of external recruiters/staffing agencies requires prior approval from our People Operations Team. The People Operations Team at Indico requests that external recruiters/staffing agencies not to contact Indico employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Indico.
Indico will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates themselves for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the People Operations Team and the external recruiter/staffing agency does not create any implied obligation on the part of Indico.