Technical Consultant REMOTE
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2023
About Indico Data
Historically companies have had to choose between speed or accuracy in their intake decisions. That’s a problem because the inability to quickly intake documents in any format and accurately make decisions, inhibits your growth and frustrates your customers.
Choose speed over accuracy and you risk making poor, inaccurate decisions which can increase your loss ratio and lead to noncompliance. Choose accuracy overspeed and you risk losing out to more nimble competitors, frustrating your customers and missing out on new business entirely – this is the intake dilemma.
With Indico Data, you no longer have to choose. Indico Data resolves these major intake issues for document-intensive industries by automating intake workflows for even the most unstructured document types, freeing experts from tedious, manual tasks, allowing them to deliver more business value.
With Indico Data, businesses can now:
- Automate the intake and processing of all documents
- Reduce the cycle time and cost of their intake process
- Increase customer satisfaction and profitability through better intake decisions
Indico is the intelligent intake solution automating critical middle office workflows across insurance, banking, real estate and healthcare driving better decisions with better data.
About the Position
As a Technical Consultant, you will play a critical role in helping our customers succeed with our product. Your work will be diverse and impactful. Your day-to-day will involve interacting with customers to educate them on the application of machine learning to their business (don't worry, we'll train you), designing solutions that map to their business requirements, developing custom code to get customer use cases to production, and creating demos and building prototypes to demonstrate the value of Indico to prospects.
As you work through use cases with customers, and implement prototypes on top of Indico's machine learning platform, you'll quickly learn to incorporate machine learning components into systems-level thinking, becoming familiar with a powerful new tool that is just starting to be adopted in industry. Technical Consultants are expected to be highly efficient and resourceful when leading these projects. Each customer presents new challenges and requirements; because of this the ideal candidate is able to adapt quickly to each new situation. Your experience in the field from working closely with customers and building user capabilities rooted in machine learning will be key to Indico’s product development decisions and the organization’s continued growth.
You are a friendly and enthusiastic person whose dedication to easily maintainable code is rock solid. This is shown by your ability to think creatively about a problem while evaluating what solution will benefit Indico’s stack most in the long term rather than the short. You're invested in having a life outside of work that is bolstered by a fulfilling job, not dominated by it. You look out for others and it shows in your willingness to sit down and hear out whatever needs or feedback other team members have in order to foster constructive conversation about personal and professional growth. Most importantly, you’ll take ownership of your work and have fun with it!
- Collaborate with qualified prospects and customers to architect solutions to their business challenges using Indico.
- Work with customers to define project requirements, resources, success criteria, and benchmarks and support them in the successful execution of those projects.
- Lead client proof of concepts and pilot projects; taking ownership of custom coding, AI model development within Indico, and integration with customer’s systems.
- Think critically about new ways to visualize and present workflow data and make the machine learning process more relatable to end users by enabling and educating prospects and customers.
- Develop tools, frameworks and documentation to help scale Technical Consulting and our customers’ capacity.
- 2+ years experience in industry and/or undergraduate degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with Git and Github
- Self-directed and active learner
- Communication-focused, comfortable giving regular updates to stakeholders
- Experience with basic ETL and data science processes (e.g. Pandas)
- Familiarity working from a command-line interface
- Experience and desire to work with less technical users to help them understand various aspects of technology
- Basic understanding of common Machine Learning concepts.
- Comfortable with public speaking and presentation skills
Indico is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
The use of external recruiters/staffing agencies requires prior approval from our People Operations Team. The People Operations Team at Indico requests that external recruiters/staffing agencies not to contact Indico employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Indico.
Indico will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates themselves for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the People Operations Team and the external recruiter/staffing agency does not create any implied obligation on the part of Indico.