Principal Software Engineer - User Interface REMOTE
Software Engineering, Design
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
About Indico Data
Historically companies have had to choose between speed or accuracy in their intake decisions. That’s a problem because the inability to quickly intake documents in any format and accurately make decisions, inhibits your growth and frustrates your customers.
Choose speed over accuracy and you risk making poor, inaccurate decisions which can increase your loss ratio and lead to noncompliance. Choose accuracy overspeed and you risk losing out to more nimble competitors, frustrating your customers and missing out on new business entirely – this is the intake dilemma.
With Indico Data, you no longer have to choose. Indico Data resolves these major intake issues for document-intensive industries by automating intake workflows for even the most unstructured document types, freeing experts from tedious, manual tasks, allowing them to deliver more business value.
With Indico Data, businesses can now:
- Automate the intake and processing of all documents
- Reduce the cycle time and cost of their intake process
- Increase customer satisfaction and profitability through better intake decisions
Indico is the intelligent intake solution automating critical middle office workflows across insurance, banking, real estate and healthcare driving better decisions with better data.
Experience Required: 10+ years in relevant role
About the Position
As a Principal Software Engineer at Indico Data, you will be writing the software that powers Indico Data’s award winning Intelligent Intake Solution . You'll work with our product and design teams to turn ideas and wireframes into new tools and visualizations. Building upon our React-based client side applications, you’ll be learning tons about the Machine Learning field and developing features that range from data processing to visualizing results. You’ll also be contributing to our foundational component library and design system that is used among the applications.
You are a friendly and enthusiastic person whose dedication to easily maintainable code is rock solid. This is shown by your ability to think creatively about a problem while evaluating what solution will benefit Indico Data’s stack most in the long term rather than the short. You enjoy helping make software architecture decisions. You automate tasks that you notice are repetitive. You're invested in having a life outside of work that is bolstered by a fulfilling job, not dominated by it. You look out for others and it shows in your willingness to sit down and hear out whatever needs or feedback other team members have in order to foster a constructive conversation. With all that in mind, most importantly you have fun with it!
- Build out user experiences to advance our flagship intelligent product automation application
- Take ownership of certain features and deliver them in collaboration with our backend engineering team, product manager and designer
- Self-directed and active learner
- Experience building frontend sites and/or single page applications, including experience with component architecture
- HTML/CSS best practices and architecture expertise
- Experience working in modern JS frameworks such as React, Vue, etc and caring about how they work
- Unit and integration testing familiarity (Cypress, Jest is a plus)
- An interest in machine learning
- Likes to laugh
- Familiarity with Apollo, GraphQL, Redux and other modern JS libraries
- Familiarity with D3 and other data visualization libraries
Indico is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
The use of external recruiters/staffing agencies requires prior approval from our People Operations Team. The People Operations Team at Indico requests that external recruiters/staffing agencies not to contact Indico employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Indico.
Indico will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates themselves for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the People Operations Team and the external recruiter/staffing agency does not create any implied obligation on the part of Indico.