LinkSquares is a fast-growing LegalTech software company, rated as one of “The Best Places to Work in 2022” by the Boston Business Journal and BuiltIn Boston. We’ve built an end-to-end AI-powered Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) SaaS product suite used by some of the world's most prominent companies (Fitbit, Igloo, DraftKings, Cogito, and even the Boston Celtics).
Contracts are the lifeblood of business and power everything from revenue, obligations, financing activities, and reporting. At LinkSquares, our product takes the manual, time-consuming, tedious tasks out of the contracting process. With LinkSquares, legal teams save time, cut costs, and improve business outcomes. We are a 300 + person company headquartered in downtown Boston.
LinkSquares has an incredible opportunity for a Commercial Counsel to join the growing Legal Team at one of the premier companies in the legal tech space. The successful candidate will be a core member of a growing team and will provide front-line business support, including the drafting, review, and negotiation of a wide variety of commercial contracts. The Commercial Counsel will have the opportunity to develop with the company and help influence the way the Legal Team supports the Revenue side of the business. It is an exciting role, and we’re looking for someone with a passion to draft, review, and negotiate contracts and support a fast-growing business.
Within this role, you have the unique opportunity to help shape the future of our product playing a dual role as our internal legal counsel and as a customer of our product. At LinkSquares, our AI-powered, end-to-end contract management and analytics platform takes the manual, time-consuming, tedious tasks out of the contracting process. With LinkSquares, legal teams save time, cut costs, and improve business outcomes.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a desire to be part of a growing team and establish processes to scale the Legal team’s support of a growing business.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and manage a wide variety of commercial agreements across all business functions, including inbound and outbound SaaS agreements, data processing agreements, technology license and partnership agreements, services agreements, marketing agreements, consultant agreements and NDAs
- Provide front-line support to our revenue organization on customer contracts and process, including advising on RFPs, contract review, negotiation approach, and process
- Collaborate with internal business groups to provide legal support and guidance regarding the development and implementation of new offerings, programs and business initiatives
- Translate legal issues into relevant business risks and provide practical, solutions-oriented advice that appropriately balances legal risks with business needs
- Assist in the ongoing development of legal resources such as templates, playbooks and training materials, and the optimization of legal processes and systems
- Other legal support tasks that arise
Skills and Qualifications:
- J.D. and admitted to at least one state bar
- 4+ years of relevant experience, with experience drafting and negotiating SaaS Agreements and Data Processing Agreements in-house at a high-growth technology company preferred
- Experience reviewing commercial contracts and feel comfortable running a negotiation process independently
- Ability to concisely identify complex legal issues and provide advice/explain the rationale for the decision to our business partners
- Effectively handle high-volume and prioritization of tasks in a fast-paced work environment with tight turn-around times
- A collegial and service-oriented attitude toward providing advice to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work in a hybrid format spending 2-3 days / week working out of our Boston office.
Founded in 2015 with headquarters in Boston, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, health and wellness programs, a 401(k) plan, unlimited vacation, paid parental leave and more. To learn more about our Core Values, Corporate Culture and Benefits visit LinkSquares Careers.
For legal teams needing to move their business forward faster, LinkSquares provides a contracting platform for writing better contracts, analyzing what’s in existing contracts, and working better with their team. It differs from other tools on the market with its powerful AI insights, speed to providing tangible results, and ability to help the entire company collaborate better. LinkSquares saves companies hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars by eliminating manual contract processes and reducing the need for outside counsel.
LinkSquares is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.
Something looks off?