Registered Client Success Voice Associate
Who we are
M1 helps clients build and protect their wealth, day to day and for the long term. Our self-directed platform allows users to invest, borrow, spend and save in one place, using automation to power each user's unique personal strategy. Hundreds of thousands of clients trust us with over $6 billion in assets. As the Finance Super App™, we empower clients’ financial well-being through automated investing tools, industry-leading APY on high-yield savings accounts, paperwork-free margin loans, low-cost personal loans, and high cash back credit card rewards that can be automatically re-invested into your M1 portfolio.
Our vision is to create a digital private banking experience, making the tools and services of the ultra-wealthy accessible with the click of a button. We've been named a top app for investors including 2023 Best for Low Costs and Best for Sophisticated Investors by Investopedia, 2023 Best Investment App for Porfilio Customization by Insider and one of the best Roth IRAs by Fortune. We have over 60,000 five-star reviews on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
As a fast-growing fintech company, we’re looking for talented and smart individuals who are excited about rethinking what’s possible with personal finance, invested in their personal and professional growth, and eager to take ownership of their work. Our award-winning workplace culture has been recognized by Inc. (Best Workplaces 2022), Built In Chicago (2022 and 2023 Best Places to Work in Chicago), CB Insights (Top Fintech Companies of 2021), and the Chicago Tribune (2021 Top Workplace).
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Who you are:
M1 is seeking a highly motivated, FINRA-licensed (SIE, Series 7, and Series 63 or 66) individual with a passion for client advocacy and solving problems in a timely and accurate manner. The Client Success Associate will act as the primary liaison for all M1 product users. As part of our Client Success team, you will be our clients’ first point of contact providing a world-class client experience. The Client Success Associate works both internally and externally to strategically support clients with a focus on proactive engagement throughout the client journey to positively impact client metrics and desired outcomes.
What you’ll do:
The Client Success Associate will provide daily support to M1’s clients. You’ll also be an integral part of the team responsible for aggregating client feedback, providing M1’s product team with actionable information to prioritize and develop features within the application. Overall, we are looking for a compassionate individual that will go above and beyond in improving our user’s experience within the platform.
Duties may include, but not limited to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of all M1 products and offerings
- Respond to customer calls and emails in a professional and prompt manner
- Resolving customer queries, recommending solutions, and guiding product users through features and functionality
- Meet our key SLAs and Support Metrics, meeting or exceeding your objectives
- Escalate tickets to appropriate team members based on severity
- Answer phone calls for assistance and routing to other departments
- Proactively identify/solve problems
- FINRA licensing (SIE, Series 7, and Series 63 or 66)
- 2+ years of tangible work experience in operations, customer service, or working at a broker-dealer
- Customer focused and a passion for speaking to customers, answering queries, and solving complex issues
- Exceptional listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, overcome objections, and take proactive approaches
- Excellent, written, and verbal communication skills and the ability to build rapport
- Strong work ethic and a proactive approach, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
- Ability to multi-task and complete timelines in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company
- Ability to identify and escalate priority issues
- Analyze while being solution-driven and excel at solving problems, particularly in collaborative, team settings
- Technically proficient: ability to learn multiple software platforms (especially Internal Tools)
- Empathy: you understand the business needs of current and prospective clients
- You are flexible with your working hours. Shifts may include evenings, weekends, or holidays
- Interest in personal finance
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our DEIB Council and six Employee Resource Groups (AAPI@M1, Black@M1, Mental Health@M1, Pride@M1, SomosM1, and Women@M1), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEIB projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our ten core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven - We know that financial well-being has a dramatic impact on an individual's quality of life. We are passionate about helping people in this domain.
- Extreme Ownership - We are responsible for the results to our clients, teammates, and shareholders. We own everything in our domain that affects these results.
- Boldness - Thinking small is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Thinking big inspire results. We would rather fail at the meaningful than succeed at the trivial.
- Ruthless Prioritization - We want to do more than we possibly can. We must be disciplined on how to use our precious money, people, and time. That means saying no to a lot of good ideas so we can focus on the most important thing.
- Integrity - We do the right thing. This trust must never be broken.
- Effectiveness - We do what's needed to deliver the intended results. Whether that requires disciplined process or scrappy implementation, we find a way.
- Team Oriented - We work collaboratively to achieve more. We respect, trust, and support one another.
- Transparency - We use simple and clear communication to share information so that people have the context to make good decisions.
- Make Forward Progress - Something is better than nothing. We make incremental improvements on our path towards perfection. Crawl, walk, run, and then sprint.
- Resiliency - We understand that any big goal comes with ambiguity, change, and setbacks. We adapt and keep going.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym
- Access to employee workshops and training about financial literacy, empathy and mental health, professional development, and more
- Free subscription to Insight Timer, the world’s #1 meditation app for sleep, stress, and anxiety