Speech Engineer / Data scientist
Speech Engineer / Data scientist
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Symbl, our mission is to build machines that understand human conversations better than humans with safety, trust and reliability to unlock the true potential of mankind. Spoken Language is at the center of all communications and it can be difficult and expensive to parse the behavior, syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning to voice. Symbl platform provides access to pre-trained language models through its APIs that are custom built on millions of spoken minutes to understand the nuances of meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we speak as opposed to what we write.
We recently raised our Series A, signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build voice understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with voice and build solutions and experiences that truly differentiate their business. And we have the technical chops and market understanding to back it up. We have built large scale and secure - enterprise grade developer products from API Gateways to Conversation AI platform and our entire team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome resilient and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come to solve complex problems that are unsolved and unstructured at times.
Why this role?
Mixture of Engineering and Data Science.
Developing SOTA tech for Speech recognition systems.
Optimize Speech recognition algorithms and improvement to Speaker diarization.
Developing systems for text to speech, speech synthesis, and natural language understanding.
Please Note: Although we have concentration centers in Seattle, WA and Pune, IN - there are no restrictions on where you can be located for this role - we are fully remote.
Working on Speech Engineer/Data Scientist, you will:
- Use a combination of data science and unsupervised machine learning techniques to explore and understand the nature of human speech dialects
- Design and develop machine learning models for speech recognition and natural language processing tasks.
- Conduct experiments to evaluate and improve the accuracy and robustness of speech recognition models
- Implement and optimize speech recognition models on our platform.
- Work with other stakeholders to understand their speech recognition needs and deliver solutions that meet their requirements
- Keep up to date with the latest research and developments in speech recognition and related fields.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Experience developing systems for text to speech, speech synthesis, and natural language understanding
- Experience using deep learning techniques on speech processing tasks (e.g., speech recognition, classification, diarization, etc.)
- Strong background in Deep Learning and classical Machine Learning, including but not limited to CNN/RNN architectures, GAN, active learning, k-shot learning and model complexity reduction techniques
- Experience with one or more Deep Learning packages including but not limited to TensorFlow and PyTorch
- Experience with signal processing
- Proficiency in Python programming
- Experience with audio or video processing and/or audio or video synthesis
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) or Natural Language Understanding (NLU)
- Past experience in creating high-performance implementations of deep learning algorithms is ideal
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Symbl is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🦷 Full health and dental benefits for you and majority coverage for your family
🐣 Parental Leave
🎨Annual Learning and Development Stipend + Monthly wellness stipend for your gym membership or food delivery
🏙 Remote-flexible WFH stipend with co-working days to meet the local team and community.
✈️ Unlimited vacation
How to Apply:
Email with your cover letter including any relevant links to Github or your recent publications to [email hidden]. We look forward to getting to know you!
Something looks off?