Full Stack Developer
Open Position: Full Stack Developer
Location: India Remote
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Symbl, our mission is to build machines that understand human conversations better than humans with safety, trust and reliability to unlock the true potential of mankind. Spoken Language is at the center of all communications and it can be difficult and expensive to parse the behavior, syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning to voice. Symbl platform provides access to pre-trained language models through its APIs that are custom built on millions of spoken minutes to understand the nuances of meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we speak as opposed to what we write.
We recently raised our Series A, signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build voice understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with voice and build solutions and experiences that truly differentiate their business. And we have the technical chops and market understanding to back it up. We have built large scale and secure - enterprise grade developer products from API Gateways to Conversation AI platform and our entire team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome resilient and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come to solve complex problems that are unsolved and unstructured at times.
Why this role?
- We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to build a complex system that involves cutting-edge Back-end technology stack involving Machine learning and Deep learning techniques in the NLP space.
- You will own and be responsible for the end-to-end development and work directly with some of the industry’s smart engineers in the team . as well as the product management team to define software requirements and take the lead on the entire software development life-cycle of the system.
- In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. You should be able to cope up with the changing needs with high agility.
- Your goal will be to develop high-quality software along with an architecture that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
Please Note: Although we have concentration centers in Seattle, WA and Pune, IN - there are no restrictions on where you can be located for this role - we are fully remote.
Working as a Full Stack Developer, you will:
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture.
- Technology research and evaluations.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code.
- Work directly with existing and potential customers.
- Collaborate with vendors to enhance the product.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Review and debug code.
- Perform validation and verification testing.
- Document development phases and monitor systems.
- Ensure software is up-to-date with the latest technologies.
- Technical onboarding of new hires.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management.
- Experience in Microservices Architecture..
- Understanding of the Algorithms and Data Structures concepts.
- Good understanding of fundamental design patterns in software design.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one NoSQL database. Preferred are, MongoDB and Neo4j.
- Good experience in working on at least one of the public/private Cloud Platforms – AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, OpenStack etc.
- Experience and a good understanding of one of the API design frameworks. Swagger or Apiary.
- Experience on the message buses like Kafka, RabbitMQ etc.
- Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks.
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows).
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to work independently.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related degree
- Relevant work experience of 3 plus years.
- Good Experience in NodeJS
- Good Experience in Microservices Architecture.
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Symbl is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🦷 Full health and dental benefits for you and majority coverage for your family
🐣 Parental Leave
🎨Annual Learning and Development Stipend + Monthly wellness stipend for your gym membership or food delivery
🏙 Remote-flexible WFH stipend with co-working days to meet the local team and community.
✈️ Unlimited vacation
How to Apply:
Email with your cover letter including any relevant links to Github or your recent publications to [email hidden]. We look forward to getting to know you!