Lead Java Backend Developer - Remote
India · Remote
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2023
Teikametrics’ AI-powered Marketplace Optimization Platform helps sellers and brand owners maximize their potential on the world’s most valuable marketplaces. Founded in 2015, Teikametrics uses proprietary AI technology to maximize profitability in a simple SaaS interface. Teikametrics optimizes more than $8 billion in GMV across thousands of sellers around the world, with brands including Munchkin, mDesign, Clarks, Nutribullet, Conair, Nutrafol, and Solo Stove trusting Teikametrics to unlock the full potential of their selling and advertising on Amazon, Walmart, and other marketplaces. Teikametrics continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 3+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Teikametrics is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our growing team. As a Backend Developer at Teikametrics, this individual will work on projects that impact the highest priorities of our technology roadmap and the business, all while collaborating cross-functionally with multiple teams. This role will also be responsible for key technology products in the suite of eCommerce optimization tools provided by Teikametrics.
We are changing the way we deliver complex pricing, inventory forecasting, and advertising strategy to experienced and novice eCommerce sellers alike. We are turning mind-numbing numbers on market dynamics and forecasts into simple and beautiful visuals that everyone loves. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and play a key role in establishing the roadmap, developing the platform comprising the back-end services, building real-
time services with hardened APIs, developing algorithms to power scientific methods to the art of
solving real optimization problems.
HOW YOU'LL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Build, develop, and scale the backend of our platform that powers the consumer experience for brand owners and sellers
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
- Work closely with Product, Design, User research and product marketing
WHO YOU ARE
- 8-12 years of progressive experience in software engineering. Tech leadership and project ownership in high-performance environments
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, EE or equivalent
- Experience with Java, Scala or related languages with Spring/Spring boot framework
- Worked upon data ingestion from public/private APIs, using OAuth or other authentication mechanisms
- Knowledge of databases and experience with writing code that interfaces with the database layer - SQL/RDBMS and NoSQL
- Hands-on experience with queueing systems like Kafka, RMQ etc.
- Experience writing well designed and testable code, and writing effective unit and integration tests.
- Passion for working with a small team of world-class developers, solving challenging problems.
- Proven track record working in top talent and high-performance environments
- Experience working on large scale and distributed computing systems in rapid growth environments
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration, and deliver
- Working experience in AWS a must
- Minimum 1 years of experience leading a team while building a product
We’ve Got You Covered
Every Teikametrics employee is eligible for company equity
Remote Work – flexibility to work from home or from our offices + remote working allowance
Group Medical Insurance – Coverage of INR 7,50,000 per annum for a family
Training and development allowance
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended. #LI-Remote