Python Software Engineer, AI - Remote
Software Engineering, Data Science
Boston, MA, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2023
ABOUT THE ROLE
Teikametrics is building a global Marketplace Optimization Platform that helps thousands of sellers and brand owners easily optimize their performance, across the most valuable marketplaces and business verticals. With our AI-powered technology, we eliminate tedious work for our customers so they can focus on what matters most — creating products and experiences that bring joy to their customers’ lives. The Artificial Intelligence team is looking for a Python Software Engineer to build cutting-edge platforms and services in the domain of e-commerce. Ideal candidates should have extensive experience with Python and are passionate about building large and complex applications that power the daily decisions for thousands of customers.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Developing applications in Python leveraging Apache Spark, Databricks, Delta Lake, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Flask, Kubernetes, Redis, Snowflake, AWS, and various other libraries and services
- Working with machine learning engineers to create scalable solutions that integrate AI services with the rest of the platform
- Building efficient APIs, back-end services, and large-scale ETL pipelines that interact with multiple data sources
- Collaborating with teammates and other departments to provide feedback and ideas about the best ways to deliver performant and maintainable systems
- Performing code reviews and providing constructive feedback to peers to ensure code quality and consistency
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years of experience working in software engineering
- 2+ years working with Python in an application environment
- Experience with libraries or services such as Spark, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Docker, Flask, Redis, DataDog, and Kubernetes
- Strong technical background in one or more of the following areas: API development, event-driven architecture, high-volume data processing, backend infrastructure, distributed systems, microservice architecture, observability workflows, cloud computing platforms, containerization, and CI/CD
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically and creatively
- Someone who enjoys working collaboratively with others through design reviews, code reviews, pair programming, proposing new features and enhancements, ideation meetings, and standard setting to ensure operational excellence
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively within a team and across departments
WORKING AT TEIKAMETRICS
Join us! We hire talented individuals remotely across the following states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia & Washington.
More Than Just a Job
Everyone’s work preferences are different but regardless of work style, we like to take care of our people. Benefits of becoming part of Team Teika:
A robust benefits package effective on day one!
Generous stock option packages and investment opportunities
Remote friendly - we hire in 24 states and 3 countries
Unlimited Paid Vacation Policy
Flexible work schedule - work when you’re most productive and effective!
ABOUT TEIKAMETRICS Teikametrics’ AI-powered Marketplace Optimization Platform helps sellers and brand owners maximize their potential on the world’s most valuable marketplaces. Founded in 2015, Teikametrics uses proprietary AI technology to maximize profitability in a simple SaaS interface. Teikametrics optimizes more than $8 billion in GMV across thousands of sellers around the world, with brands including Munchkin, mDesign, Clarks, Nutribullet, Conair, Nutrafol, and Solo Stove trusting Teikametrics to unlock the full potential of their selling and advertising on Amazon, Walmart, and other marketplaces.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended. #LI-Remote