Accounting & Finance
Boston, MA, USA · Remote
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an ambitious Staff Accountant who is passionate about playing a critical role in an exciting company poised to innovate the technology sector. Reporting to the Corporate Accounting Manager, the ideal candidate should possess a positive, can-do attitude, be proactive and “entrepreneurial” in their approach to getting things done in a less structured, growth mode (but highly collegial) environment and will be able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
You will be a part of a team of collaborative professionals striving to improve and scale best-in-class accounting processes, maintain sound reporting and provide transparency into the company’s finances. You will have the opportunity to grow your duties and responsibilities commensurate with the growth of the company - very exciting!
The Staff Accountant will support and provide oversight of various functions within the accounting department including general ledger accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, audit, sales and use tax, intercompany, and treasury.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Assist in the month-end/quarter-end close process
- Record monthly journal entries and maintain accounting schedules, including prepaids, fixed assets, accounts payable and accruals
- Ensure reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and/or financial reporting standards
- Perform key general ledger account reconciliations on a monthly basis, investigate variances and suggest solutions
- Assist in accounting consolidation with international division in India
- Assist Corporate Accounting Manager in managing and enhancing General Ledger, Income Statement, Balance Sheet reporting and overall financial reporting integrity (AP, Accruals, AR, Revenue, Deferred Revenue, Fixed Assets, Prepaids)
- Process and manage payroll, bonus and commissions for employees
- Serve as primary owner of payroll, bonus and commissions for employees
- Work closely with HR function to ensure that benefit and payroll changes are processed, recorded and completed promptly
- Record bi monthly journal entries related to payroll, including tracking and recording of month end accruals
- Identify, recommend, and implement enhancements to current processes to improve internal controls within the accounting and reporting process
- Support preparation for year-end audits and tax matters
- Work closely with Corporate Controller, Director of Accounting and other finance staff on ad hoc projects
- Assist with ERP implementation from Quickbooks to NetSuite
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years of experience in Accounting, preferably in the tech/SaaS industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, notably in building ad hoc analyses and models to provide key insights and solve complex problems
- Ability to execute on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with ability to balance parallel priorities against deadlines
- Ability to work independently and reliably in a remote work environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
WHAT CAN HELP YOU STAND OUT
- Experience navigating accounting challenges and building out scalable processes in recurring revenue businesses
- Experience working within NetSuite, Quickbooks, Paychex and Expensify
- Experience with commissions based compensation plans are a plus
- Public accounting experience (preferred but not mandatory) with a focus on clients in the tech/SaaS industry
WORKING AT TEIKAMETRICS
Join us! We hire talented individuals remotely across the following states: Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia. In addition, we also have remote opportunities in China and India. In addition, we also have remote opportunities in China and India.
More Than Just a Job
Everyone’s work preferences are different but regardless of work style, we like to take care of our people. Benefits of becoming part of Team Teika:
- Competitive cash A robust benefits package effective on day one!
- Generous stock option packages and investment opportunities
- Remote friendly - we hire in 25 states and 3 countries
- Unlimited Paid Vacation Policy
- Flexible work schedule - work when you’re most productive and effective!
Teikametrics’ AI-powered Marketplace Optimization Platform helps sellers and brand owners maximize their potential on the world’s most valuable marketplaces. Founded in 2015, Teikametrics uses proprietary AI technology to maximize profitability in a simple SaaS interface. Teikametrics optimizes more than $8 billion in GMV across thousands of sellers around the world, with brands including Munchkin, mDesign, Clarks, Nutribullet, Conair, Nutrafol, and Solo Stove trusting Teikametrics to unlock the full potential of their selling and advertising on Amazon, Walmart, and other marketplaces.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.