Head of Security
At TRM, we're on a mission to build a safer financial system for billions of people around the world. Our next-generation platform, which combines threat intelligence with machine learning, enables financial institutions and governments to detect cryptocurrency fraud and financial crime at an unprecedented scale.
The Security team is responsible for and committed to securing all things at TRM. From our customers to our code, and everything in between, the security team is involved in all aspects of the business. As the Head of Security at TRM, you will lead the Security team spanning across Enterprise Security, Product Security, and GRC. From designing the strategy and roadmap to company-wide best practices and implementation, you’ll work closely with company leadership to ensure TRM’s products are safe and secure.
The impact you’ll have here:
- Develop, implement and monitor an enterprise security and product security risk management program that helps TRM meet or exceed its compliance obligations under multiple compliance regimes (incl. SOC2 Type 2, and FedRAMP)
- Build, scale, and lead scale high-impact security teams to oversee multiple aspects of the security assurance program, including security operations, security architecture, IAM, data loss prevention, incident response, governance, and program management.
- Provide regular coaching, leadership, and technical mentorship to your immediate team as well as the broader engineering organization, taking direct responsibility for the quality and delivery of the team’s work.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and business units to keep abreast of planned changes to technologies, working practices, and business activities that could have an impact on the TRM’s Information Security or risk profile.
- Evangelize security best practices, and “shift left” mindset throughout the organization through thorough documentation and knowledge sharing.
- Represent TRM externally on security-related matters, ensuring Customers and other stakeholders have confidence in TRM’s ability to meet security obligations
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience building and maintaining compliance with sophisticated risk management programs (e.g., FedRAMP, SOC2, GDPR, PCI) in a cloud-first environment.
- Strong focus on normalizing controls across frameworks and standards, with an eye toward improving maturity, scalability, and consistency over time, while looking beyond just “checking the box”.
- Great combination of strategic thinking and hands-on tactical execution to drive initiatives forward.
- Deep understanding of threat modeling and common security vulnerabilities and their mitigations for businesses operating in the cloud
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Clear documentation and succinct communication are very important.
- Excellent intrapersonal skills to foster relationships and influence a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, be proactive, prioritize, and drive towards common goals
- Experience leading a team of senior security engineers and compliance leads.
The TRM way
- We define high-impact targets through customer centricity, prioritization, and adaptability.
- We execute efficiently to achieve our goals through good judgment, velocity, and humility.
- We elevate our team’s performance through integrity, apprenticeship, and positivity.
Why TRM Labs
- Join a mission-driven company that's building a safer financial system for billions of people.
- Do meaningful work alongside a bright and humble team.
- Develop world-class products that are trusted by leading institutions and agencies.
- Tackle novel challenges in blockchain, data science, and threat intelligence.
- We've raised $150M from JPMorgan Chase, Visa, PayPal, Tiger Global, Bessemer, among others.
- Enjoy a remote-first workplace with hubs in San Francisco, Washington, DC, and London.
- Remote-first work environment, with optional in-person offices
- Regular team off-sites and retreats
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Premium health, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA, HSA ,and 401K programs
- Life & disability coverage
- Generous paid time for vacation, volunteering, sick leave, and parental leave
- Fitness, co-working, and home office reimbursements
- Fertility, professional coaching, and mental health resources
We encourage you to reach out even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Do not worry about picking exactly the right job; we can always explore other options after starting the conversation. Your passion and interests will set you apart, especially if your background or career is unconventional. Join us!