Business Development Representative
About the role:
UPshow is looking for a Business Development Representative to join our sales team. This role is a true hunter position focused on seeking out new business opportunities through cold-calling, qualifying existing leads, responding to inbound inquiries, and scheduling meetings for our Account Executives. This is a great opportunity to leverage your sales skills to make an immediate impact on our growth.
- Create and prioritize strategic target account lists
- Build and maintain a pipeline of prospective customers
- Report pipeline to senior management for accurate forecasting
- Achieve performance metrics and monthly/quarterly quotas set by management
- Lead cold outreach efforts (e.g. calling, emails, LinkedIn messaging, etc.)
- Build a great first impression with our prospects and customers
- Respond to, qualify, and convert inbound leads into happy, paying customers
- Maintain active engagement with inbound leads through creative follow-ups
- Provide product and pricing information to qualified leads
- Utilize Salesforce to input and track sales activity
- Work closely and maintain effective communication with other departments, including the Implementation, Customer Success and Finance teams
What we require from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, sales or marketing, or equivalent
- 2+ years successful sales experience, preferably in the technology sector
- High degree of confidence hunting, prospecting, and driving lead generation
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales/account management quotas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energized and excited by working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Focused, confident, and self-starter with a positive attitude
- Experience selling SaaS and/or subscription based services
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM system
**This is a hybrid position. Candidates must be available to be in person in our Chicago office at a minimum of one day per week.
UPshow, the leading in-venue entertainment and marketing platform, is the first and only provider of white-labeled, digital interactive networks for retail and hospitality brands to engage customers and employees directly from their mobile devices.
UPshow’s technology makes it simple for large brands to build and launch engaging and promotional experiences on thousands of in-venue TV screens creating a revolutionary in-venue network that drives customer and employee behaviors at the point of action.
UPshow gives our customers the ability to control what actually goes up on their screens by allowing them to program hyper-local, brand-relevant content such as sports, news, e-gaming, sports odds/betting, viral videos, pay-per-view content, RSS feeds, social media, and interactive games.
We help increase the number of new customers, the check size of their current customers, and the frequency in which customers come back and visit. With over 500 entertainment channels, UPshow is actively growing its content library with the most prolific rights owners.
UPshow also provides a centralized cloud-based content management system that gives retailers complete control on how they program the experiences and offers on these networks, including by day-part, by region, venue, and even down to the individual screen, all done remotely. Retailers can run fleets of A/B tests and use UPshow capabilities to measure and optimize user behaviors. Retailers choose from available templates and content in UPshow’s library and create their own offers and marketing messages to display in harmony with entertaining content.
UPshow's customers include hospitality, fitness, entertainment, and healthcare venues such as Burger King, Buffalo Wild Wings, Anytime Fitness, Dave and Busters, Chick-fil-A, MD Now, UFC Gyms, Dunkin Donuts, Sky Zones, and Heartland Dental among others. Its network spans more than 25,000 screens in venues around the world and is doubling in size every year.
As examples, Buffalo Wild Wings uses UPshow to operate their own BWW-branded “OT Channel”. Burger King uses UPshow to operate the BK-branded “KingBoard”. UPshow technology allows brands to create integrated TV-to-mobile activation experiences that drive new behaviors and commerce inside of their venues. The platform’s analytics display and measure the usage and ROI of all the content and interactive offers on these retailer-owned networks.
Through UPshow, retailers are learning that controlling their own networks in this way can be more valuable than using traditional linear TV or regular digital signage, by driving increased business results.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Compensation + Commission
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term disability insurance
- Professional Development Programs
- Access to senior management and mentoring opportunities
- Employee Recognition Program
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- Mental Health and Recharge Days
- 401k Match
- Pre-tax Transportation
- Summer Fridays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work from Anywhere policy, to respond to an ever-changing work climate
- Virtual Social Events including: Team Wins and Highlights from the Month, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, and Happy Hours
This is a chance for you to join a challenging and inspiring environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. Together we create an innovative environment that drives UPshow forward. If you are the right person for the role you will be part of a fantastic journey in a dynamic, high-growth business.
We look forward to your application.
UPshow is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We are always committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Discrimination is not welcome on the basis of any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.