Junior Software Engineer
At UPshow we work everyday to transform in venue engagement by turning TV's into powerful marketing and entertainment assets. Join our team to be a part of this fascinating transformation: giving our customers the tools they need to grown their businesses, entertain their customers while they wait at the clinic for their appointment, help children feel better while waiting at the dentist, and a lot more. See how what you code impacts almost instantly, more than 20.000 screen and seen by more than 10.000.000 people, every single day!
About the Role
As a junior developer, you are responsible as part of our team, for collaborating in the development of our product. This includes all aspects of software development, including participating in solutions, coding, quality assurance, and delivering working products for our customers
The Tech Stack
Our applications use React, Apollo Client on the front end and Nodejs, graphql, Mysql, redis and elastic search which are split across multiple services. All of this lives in mono repo with "turn key" docker powered development environment allowing you as a developer to focus on what matters. Everything packed in a next generation PWA (Progressive Web Application) running in kiosk mode on Google Chrome OS devices, making us one of the first Google partners to build PWA's for the new ChromeOS web API's.
Some Example Projects
Streaming pay per view sport events in commercial venues through our PWA POS integrations with multiple providers to gather sales insights
Real time curation of User Generated Content into tv like channels
Content scheduling a programing for multi region setups
- At the forefront of improvement, proactive around what is needed at a technical and at a team level
- work with autonomy on develop, code, test, build, deploy and debug new software or enhancements to existing software.
- May be involved at the architectural level
- Mentor and up skill less experienced development staff on code and code reviewing
- Sharpening skills on technical software developments.
- Continue to be abreast of relevant industry knowledge and trends
- Have extensive interactive platforms system knowledge
- Possessing a thorough understanding of databases, application services and application lifecycle development.
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise.
- High scalability involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, GraphQL and API design for extensibility and portability
- Experience debugging distributed systems with high data loads
- Good understanding of distributed data model
- Understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment
- Design, develop and implement unit and scenario testing for existing code base and for new functionality under development
- Experience as an applications programmer on large-scale data base management systems
- Is able to identify risk and propose solutions to complex, bigger and more impact situations and solutions
- +2 years of professional programming experience.
- Great communication skills both in Spanish and English
- Knowledge of Node.js + react js
- Generous with knowledge
- Problem Solving and analytical thinking
- Be driven and motivated to succeed. Be proactive by nature
- Proven experience working in scrum teams
- Elastic Search
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical insurance
- Professional Development Programs
- Employee Recognition Program
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- Summer Fridays
- Virtual Social Events including: Team Wins and Highlights from the Month, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, and Happy Hours
This is a chance for you to join a challenging and inspiring environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. Together we create an innovative environment that drives UPshow forward. If you are the right person for the role you will be part of a fantastic journey in a dynamic, high-growth business.
We look forward to your application.
UPshow is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We are always committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Discrimination is not welcome on the basis of any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.