About the Role:
UPshow is seeking a Billing Administrator to execute our day-to-day billing, accounts receivable, and cash collections workstreams. The Billing Administrator will play a crucial role in our finance department, responsible for billing and collecting payments from customers, ensuring compliance with financial policies, and assisting with general accounting duties as needed. This role will report to the Senior Accountant / Accounting Manager and will have exposure to all aspects of the business with strong career advancement opportunities. If you are someone who wants to grow, learn, and is not afraid of a challenge, we would love to talk to you!
- Responsible for all accounts receivable processes, including customer and partner set-up, billing and invoicing across two systems, identifying and collection of delinquent accounts, resolving account discrepancies, issuance of credit memos, and facilitating all customer billing inquiries
- Record and apply cash receipts
- Monitor customer ledgers and follow-up on all delinquent accounts receivables
- Examine customer contracts to ensure appropriate representation of amounts, types of revenue, and contract terms in the sales system and billing systems
- Handle all customer support requests related to billing, cash collections, and cash application
- Accurately track and monitor amounts billed for future obligations and identify where deferral treatment is appropriate under GAAP
- Create and run reports needed to understand historical trends in cash collections, and identify variances from historical trends
- Develop a framework for projecting short-term cash collections and month-end cash balances
- Research proper sales and use tax rates and assist with sales tax compliance, registrations, and account maintenance
- Monitor and provide input on allowance for doubtful accounts levels and bad debt expense
- Assist with month-end accounting tasks and reconciliations
- Assist with the interim and annual GAAP external financial audit
- Ad hoc projects as directed by the leadership team
- Analytical Mindset – You are detail-oriented, organized and have strong financial and analytical capabilities.
- Builder’s Mentality – You will enter the company during a period of rapid growth. Everyone at the company is expected to lead and make a meaningful impact.
- Interpersonal Skills – Excellent internal/external communication skills are required, as this person will be collaborating with colleagues across multiple functions and interacting with customers and vendors on a regular basis.
- Adaptability – You are energized and excited by working in a fast-paced environment and can effectively manage the priorities of the role as changes occur.
- Knowledge of Finance and Accounting – You love when debits and credits balance.
What we require from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent field
- 2 - 5 years of prior experience in billing or accounting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; highly detail-oriented, organized, and resourceful
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the aptitude to communicate with all levels of management
- Thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Experience with full-cycle Accounts Receivable
- Highly proficient in Excel
- The items below are preferred but not required:
- Experience in the SaaS industry, or with businesses that have subscription based contract recurring revenue
- Experience working with QuickBooks and/or Stripe
- Experience with Salesforce
UPshow is the leading on-premise entertainment and performance marketing platform that develops branded digital networks for brick-and-mortar businesses. Its front-of-house and back-of-house solutions provide interactive digital marketing, entertainment, and communications to drive measurable outcomes. Founded in 2015, UPshow reaches audiences through more than 30,000 screens in businesses worldwide. Key customers include Buffalo Wild Wings, Dave & Busters, Smile Doctors, Crunch Fitness, ATI Physical Therapy, Burger King, and Sodexo.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Compensation
- Stock Options
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term disability insurance
- Professional Development Programs
- Access to senior management and mentoring opportunities
- Employee Recognition Program
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- Mental Health and Recharge Days
- 401k Match
- Pre-tax Transportation
- Summer Fridays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work from Anywhere policy, to respond to an ever-changing work climate
- Virtual Social Events including: Team Wins and Highlights from the Month, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, and Happy Hours
This is a chance for you to join a challenging and inspiring environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. Together we create an innovative environment that drives UPshow forward. If you are the right person for the role you will be part of a fantastic journey in a dynamic, high-growth business.
We look forward to your application.
UPshow is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We are always committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Discrimination is not welcome on the basis of any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.