Senior Customer Success Manager
About the role
As a Senior Customer Success Manager, you’ll play an instrumental role in scaling the growth of our Americas region along with our CS leadership team. You will manage a portfolio of strategic Federal and Fortune 500 accounts who are dedicated to driving workforce transformation. You’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate with leaders across our Sales, Marketing, Product, and Assessment & Learning teams.
If you like solving complex problems with clients who are first-movers in implementing a skills-first approach, then this role is for you.
About your team
This is an opportunity to join an early-stage startup backed by top-tier investors. You will be a key member of a world-class Customer Success team with a winning ownership mentality, and as a result there are significant hands-on learning opportunities to learn from leadership and peers.
What You’ll Do
Within 3 months, you will:
- Manage standard customer calls and workshops
- Have clear understanding of the Workera value proposition
- Provide client demos and answer high-level questions about the product
- Share input to CS and Sales teams on how to improve current customer deployments
- Provide product feedback to relevant internal teams
- Identify initial areas of opportunity to help evolve the Customer Success team
Within 6 months, you will:
- Have ownership (implementation, onboarding, launch, engagement and support of renewal/expansion) of your customers
- Implement best practice solutions to drive license utilization and high engagement rates
- Craft and deliver customer insights in a concise, visually appealing format (during weekly meetings, quarterly business reviews)
- Create account plans and develop success metrics to track, measure, and communicate updates with internal leadership
- Partner with our Sales team to drive account growth
- Serve as the primary point of escalation on customer issues and feedback related to our platform, product and process
- Support implementation of strategic internal projects
Within 9 months, you will:
- Do everything mentioned above within 6 months, but with more effectiveness!
- Drive strategic initiatives and opportunities with your customers in collaboration with sales
- Build relationships with and coach customer leaders to champion our platform
- Lead implementation of internal projects that will help set up our hyper-growth organization for success!
*Please note as we are a dynamic and quickly growing scale-up, things are always subject to change*
What You’ll Bring
- 5-7 years of experience in a Customer Success, Account Management and/or Management Consulting role
- Experience working directly with client and internal leadership stakeholders
- Experience managing Federal/Public Sector clients (i.e. Department of Defense)
- Proven track record of managing large / complex enterprise accounts (with an average ACV of +100k)
- Excellent verbal and written customer-centric communication skills at both the executive (CTO, CIO, CLIO) and program (Director, Manager, Analyst) level
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple priorities at once while consistently meeting deadlines
- Strong data storytelling capabilities- building executive summary dashboards and presentations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment to achieve results together
- Growth Mindset: Highly coachable with a desire to learn and develop new skills
- This role will require the ability to travel, primarily to the Washington DC area ~20% travel
- Proficiency in utilizing AI tools such as ChatGPT or equivalent digital assistants, applying them effectively within your work context
Workera is a fast-growing, Series B Silicon Valley start-up redefining how enterprises understand, develop, and mobilize talent. Workera’s skills intelligence platform empowers leaders to make better, more informed talent development decisions. Utilizing computational psychometrics, machine learning, and AI technologies, Workera delivers best-in-class computer adaptive assessments with hyper-personalized learning plans to global companies across all industries. Our clients include Samsung, Siemens Energy, and the US Air Force.
Our founder is Kian Katanforoosh, an award-winning Stanford Computer Science Lecturer who has taught AI to over 1 million people, and our Chairman is Dr. Andrew Ng, co-founder of Coursera (NYSE: COUR), CEO of DeepLearning.AI, and founding lead of the Google Brain project.
We’re learners, dreamers, and game-changers. Join us.
At Workera we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Workera believes that diversity and inclusion among out employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the best and most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.